Health Select Committee Inquiry into Alcohol
On Thursday 23 April 2009 the Government’s Health Select
Committee launched the “largest ever” inquiry into the effects of
alcohol on England.
Witnesses giving evidence to the Committee included:
- Professor Ian Gilmore, President, Royal College of Physicians
- Dr Peter Anderson, Public Health Consultant
- Professor Martin Plant, University of the West of England
- Dr James Nicholls, Bath Spa University
- Dr James Kneale, University College London
Evidence was also provided in the form of written submissions, including a response from the IAS.
To view these click here. (pdf 2.9mb)
Download the IAS response here. (pdf 41kb)